18K Gold Plating Solution - BathPlating Solutions
18K Immersion Gold Solution is a hard, acid gold that is specially designed to produce a bright 18K, (99.7% purity), hardened gold plate.
This solution can effectively plate to a thickness of 2.5 microns, (100 micro-inches) in a single contiguous deposit.
Theoretical Coverage: One liter contains sufficient gold to cover ~ 800 square inches of area to a thickness of 10 micro-inches.
What you will need to use this solution properly:
18K Gold Bath Solution requires a Stainless Steel or Graphite Anode, voltage meter set to 2-3V (2.7 is optimal). The time to deposit one micron is ~5.5 minutes.
Our 18K Bright Gold Solution is an Electroplating Bath Solution that requires the proper electroplating equipment such as our Jewel Master Pro HD or the ProLab cm which will have everything you need including the following minimum required items.
Minimum Required Items
- A source of direct current voltage with a controllable voltage range of one to six volts, (1 VDC - 6 VDC).
- A suitable container to hold the solution.
- A solution electrode or anode made of the proper material, (see the Technical Data Sheet), to apply the positive electrical charge to the solution.
- A means to heat and maintain temperature.
- A common lead or ground clip that will provide electrical connectivity from the negative (-) terminal of the power source and the item being plated.
- A plating rack to hold the parts in the solution and provide electrical contact with the negative terminal of the power source.
Check out our Plating Procedure Chart for details about our products and how to use them.
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) can be found HERE
Technical Data Sheets (TDS) can be found HERE
California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
Are you throwing out perfectly good gold?
We sell fine gold replenisher by the gram to add to your existing gold bath. 1 gram of fine gold per 1 fluid ounce of solution.
Check out our gold replenisher page for more details.
Unfortunately I could not purchase the product in my country but I know it is an excellent product
I am having no previous experience in the electroplating process but I was determined to restore a quite expensive part. After cleaning the old layer, I went through nickel activating and nickel electroplating before the gold plating with excellent results. Just follow a thorough process and you will be amazed. I definitely go for the product again. Not to mention the communication with the Gold plating services, which was perfect.