18K Gold Plating Solution - Bath
Our 18K Immersion Gold Solution This Bath Plating Solution is a hard, acid gold that is specially designed to produce a bright 18K, (99.7% purity), hardened gold plate. This solution can effectively plate to a thickness of 2.5 microns, (100 micro-inches) in a single contiguous deposit.
Theoretical Coverage: One quart contains sufficient gold to cover ~ 800 square inches of area to a thickness of 10 micro-inches.
What you will need to use this solution properly:
Our 18K Bright Gold Solution is an electroplating bath solution that requires the proper equipment and supplies to be used. We recommend electroplating equipment such as our "Jewel Master" which will have everything you need including the following minimum required items.
Minimum Required Items
- A source of direct current voltage with a controllable voltage range of one to six volts, (1 VDC - 6 VDC).
- A suitable container to hold the solution.
- A solution electrode or anode made of the proper material, (see the Technical Data Sheet), to apply the positive electrical charge to the solution.
- A means to heat and keep the solution to 100° F.
- A common lead or ground clip that will provide electrical connectivity from the negative, (-) terminal of the power source and the item being plated.
- A plating rack to hold the parts in the solution and provide electrical contact with the negative terminal of the power source.
SDS Information for this product.
Technical Data Sheet for this product.