Universal Plater - Chrome Edition (Continental USA & Canada)Automotive Plating Kit
Universal Plater - Chrome Edition is a powerful and versatile system for those who want all of the features of the standard Universal Plater Kit, along with the added ability to gold plate onto chrome plated surfaces. The Universal Plater - Chrome Edition is an economical and equally powerful alternative to our flagship system, The Gold Star, our original professional automotive gold plating system.
This system allows the user to easily switch between Normal Plating and Chrome Stripping modes. The 10 ampere power supply will allow you to tackle virtually any project.
The user friendly design and color coded application handles make it simple to produce professional plating results onto virtually any conductive metal surface.
For gold plating onto Chrome Plated items, it really is as easy as:
1) - Strip existing chrome.
2) - Activate the underlying nickel.
3) - Apply a rich, beautiful layer of hardened 24K gold.
Check out our New Plating Procedure Chart for details about our products and how to use them.
Items Included in the Package:
- Universal Plater - Chrome Edition Machine
- 12 volt, 10 ampere power supply
- (3) Color coded Combination Application Handles, complete with Stainless Steel 1/8" to 1/4" Conversion Bits and Common Lead Wire with with Alligator Clip.
- (1) 1/8" to 1/4" Nickel Conversion Bit
- (10) Wooley Sleeves
- (9) Gold Sleeves
- (3) Medium Plating Tips for Fine-select Pen Plating
- (3) Ultra Fine Plating Tips for Fine-select Pen Plating
- (1) 16 oz bottle of the following solutions: Chrome Stripping Solution*, Surface Activator Solution (Nickel Activator), & Wood's Nickel Strike Solution
- (1) 8 oz 24K Brush Gold (Gel) - Contains 2.5 grams of fine gold - Option 1 OR
- (1) 4 oz 24K Brush Gold Contains 1.25 grams of fine gold (Gel) & 1 oz High Concentrated 24K Pen Gold - Containing 1.25 grams of fine gold - Option 2
Add the Car Accessory Package for only $255 More
The Car Accessory Kit is an add-on package designed to be used with the Universal Plater Chrome Edition. This kit will help you add efficiency and ease of use to your car plating experience. The Drain Pan rolling cart allows you to place your Universal Chrome into a specialized holder in your drip pan for easy handling and accessibility. The chemicals flow down the drip apron into the pan for easy clean up. The Accessory Roller Seat is also on wheels and provides easy access to the emblems you are plating as well as all of your chemicals.
Items Included in the Car Accessory Package:
- All items included in the Universal Plater - Chrome Edition - Option 2
- Accessory Roller Seat
- Drain Pan Rolling Cart
- Universal Chrome Drain Pan
- (3) Drain Aprons
- Roll of 88 Tape
- Mother Mag Polish
- 25' Ground Extension Cord
- Spray Rinse Bottle
- Roll of Paper Towels
- Gloves and Safety Glasses
* The chrome stripping solution must ship UPS ground.
DO NOT FREEZE GEL SOLUTION. Freezing WILL damage gel solutions!
Users Guide - Click here
California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
Aluminum - Bare aluminum cannot be plated onto with any of our kits. Aluminum requires a specialized under-plate process that is not suitable for consumer level plating operations. This process must be performed on an industrial level by trained professionals. We do not sell the process or provide support for plating onto unprepared aluminum surfaces. Any attempts to plate onto bare aluminum with our products will not work, please purchase with this in mind.
If you have a project that requires plating onto aluminum, you may consider sending the parts to Gold Plating Services to be plated by our technicians. We can provide the required nickel under-plate for a nominal charge. We can then gold plate, or chrome plate your item or return it with the nickel under-plate. After the aluminum has the proper nickel plate it can then be plated with the metal you desire using our Universal or Jewel Master Series kits.
Gold Plating Car Emblems
Un-Boxing and set-up of the Universal Plater Chrome Edition
Plating Car Emblems with Car Kit (Additional $300)
Prepping your sleeves is important whenever a new sleeve is used:
- eye protection
- Material Data Sheets
- sample wrench
- Universal Machine
- Bath Plater
So the very first piece I plated was a weathered 35 year old Cadillac hood ornament and wow besides the pits in the existing nickel the gold plating really brought this piece to LIFE!
Great I do a lot of metal polishing. The prep work is everything then the plating. The results are breath taking. The chrome especially. The real deal. The bath plating is next
I love the gold plater. I've been golding many parts on my 1970 impala. Also my Yamaha v star 650. I would 100% will be buying more solution soon.
Very very satisfied Great product and easy to used
Awesome product wish I had ordered sooner