Four Module System for Plating Nickel and Gold onto Most Metals including Stainless Steel Using TriVal Gold Strike ActivationProLab cm
This ProLab cm Four Module System for steel and stainless steel was designed for applications that may or may not require a nickel underplate followed by gold plating onto a steel or stainless steel item. A popular example of this application is decorative gold plating onto surgical equipment such as hemostats, clamps or scissors. Another common application is nickel and gold plating onto all types of guns & firearms.
Steel and especially stainless steel require special activation of the surface to be plated. TriVal Gold Strike is a proprietary method of providing this activation developed by Gold Plating Services. The cost of activating steel and stainless steel with TriVal is a little higher but there are many advantages to gold strike activation. One important advantage is that after activation a visual inspection of the surface will confirm that the surface was activated properly. Another advantage of activation with TriVal is that some plating specifications do not allow the use of any nickel in the plating process. An example of this is jewelry items to be marketed to the European Union. No nickel is allowed in the process. However, when nickel is used the Bright Nickel Plate following the activation provides a smooth, hard, beautiful surface for the gold plating to follow.
The beauty of the ProLab cm systems is that should your process requirements change, a Four Module system can easily be expanded to a Five Module system with the addition of another process module such as the Bright Copper Module or even a Six Module system with the addition of yet another process module such as a Rhodium or Palladium Module. The expansion of the ProLab cm is easy without requiring any changes to your original system.
This system comes with everything you need to plate nickel and or gold onto properly prepared steel or stainless steel.
- (4) Power Towers with accessory components
- (1) Non-Heated 5000 mL Glass Beaker with Titanium Anode Frame for the Trival
- (3) Heated 5000 mL glass beakers with titanium anode frames for the Electro cleaner, Bright Nickel, & Bright Gold
- (4) 2000 mL rinse beakers
- (4) ProLab stainless steel anode inserts (Electro Clean)
- (2) 8" ProLab graphite anode inserts (TriVal)
- (2) 8" ProLab bagged nickel anodes inserts (Bright Nickel Strike)
- (2) 6" ProLab bagged graphite anode inserts (Bright Gold)
- (1) 30 v/20 amp power supply (For use with the Electrocleaner and TriVal)
- (1) 30 v/10 amp power supply (For use with the Gold and Bright Nickel)
- (1) Air pump and tubing for the Bright Nickel and Bright Gold
- (1) Sample plating rack
- (4) Beaker caps
- (1) Safety Kit (goggles/gloves)
- (1) Gallon + 1000 ml of Electro Clean Solution
- (5) Liters of TriVal Acid Gold Strike
- (1) Gallon + 1000 ml of Bright Nickel
- (1) Gallon + 1000 ml of 24K Bright Gold
PLEASE NOTE: $2000 Insurance added to each box is included in the sale and shipping price.
Setup Instructions can be found HERE
TriVal Solution must be shipped UPS GROUND
ATTENTIONS INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Our website will charge you a base rate for international shipping and handling. Due to the high value of this product it will be shipped via DHL to ensure a quick and successful delivery. Customers will be responsible for any duties and taxes required by their country. If the shipping cost is significantly more we may need to reach out for additional payment before the items can be shipped. If the shipping cost is significantly less you may receive a refund for the difference. Please keep in mind our ProLab CM setups are shipped in multiple boxes.
TriVal will not be shipped as a ready to use solution. Instead, you will receive TriVal Base Solution. This will require the addition of reagent grade hydrochloric acid (not included with purchase) to make a ready to use TriVal Solution. Instructions for combining the TriVal Base with the Hydrochloric Acid, along with the SDS sheets (Safety Data Sheets) will be included with your package.
Warranty - Click Here
This is a four station ProLab cm setup with the Electro clean, TriVal, Nickel, and 24K Gold solution being used to plate an item.
The ProLab is easy to set us and use. Couldn't be happier with the system, design and customer service that GPS provides.