24K Gold Plating Solution - Brush
24K Brush Gold Plating Solution is available as a liquid or gel, our 24K Brush Gold Plating Solution is a cobalt hardened, acid gold electroplating solution. Optimum gold content combined with our proprietary system of hardeners, brighteners and other make-up components produces the most beneficial cost / revenue ratio of any brush gold solution available. This profitable cost / revenue ratio considers important factors such as: solution cost, the inherent waste of the brush plating process, and the deposition rate of the gold plate. Our proprietary formula is very efficient and produces a consistent, brilliant 24K gold plate onto properly prepared conductive surfaces. Does not contain free cyanide.
Coverage: Standard 24K Brush Gold Solution - One 8 oz jar, contains sufficient gold for a theoretical coverage of up to ~1200 in²* of 24 karat gold plated to an average decorative thickness.
*Theoretical Coverage ~ 1200 in²/8 oz solution to an average thickness of 10 micro-inches (0.25µm). Note: this coverage is based on the assumption that all gold in the solution will be deposited. In actual practice this is not likely since there is normally solution loss during use.
Note: 10 micro-inches is within the thickness range for a typical decorative gold plate. The US Federal Trade Commission guidelines indicate that for an industry product to be marketed as “gold plated” it shall have a gold thickness equal to or greater than 20 micro-inches. An industry product with a thickness >7 micron inches can be marketed as “gold electroplated”.
Plating Guru Tip! “This premium gold is the top in its class. The proprietary formula goes on fast, at a very low voltage and has just the right gold content to help you conserve gold and reduce waste. The gel is great for car emblems.”
Watch how easy it is to use in the this video:
What you will need to use this solution properly:
Our 24K Brush Gold Solution is an electroplating solution that requires the proper equipment and supplies to be used. We recommend electroplating equipment such as our "Brush Plating Kits" which will have everything you need including the following minimum required items.
Minimum Required Items
- A source of direct current voltage with a controllable voltage range of one to six volts, (1 VDC - 6 VDC).
- An absorbent application "sleeve" that will carry the solution.
- A solution electrode, (anode or plating bit), made of the proper material to apply the positive electrical charge to the solution soaked application sleeve.
- An application handle that will hold the anode/sleeve and provide electrical connectivity to the positive terminal of the power source.
- A common lead or ground clip that will provide electrical connectivity from the negative, (-) terminal of the power source and the surface being plated.
Safety Data Sheet for this product.
Technical Data Sheet for this product.