TriVal 24k Acid Gold Strike Plating Solution - TDS
Gold Plating Services’ TriVal 24K Acid Gold Strike plating solution is a fully complexed 24K acid gold strike/acid (potassium auric-cyanide) electroplating formulation. We have developed this gold process to be used as a pre-treatment step that will allow the user to plate 24karat gold directly onto extremely difficult to plate alloys such as stainless steel, Invar or Kovar, (even chrome). The secret to the superiority of Gold Plating Services’ TriVal 24 K Acid Gold Strike is the 24 karat acid gold strike (potassium auric-cyanide) complex. The tightly bound complex allows this superior gold strike solution to have a pH of less than 1. This super-aggressive solution ensures concurrent activation and deposition of a thin layer of metallic gold for maximum adhesion.
- Temperature Room to 110 F
- Specific Gravity 5° Baume’+
- pH 0.7 - 1
- Anode to Cathode Ratio <1:1
- Current Density 5-15 A/sq. ft. (light to moderate gassing).
- Anode Must be platinized or graphite
- Gold Concentration 0.15 - 0.25 Troy oz./gal
- Agitation Moderate agitation by cathode or solution movement
- Deposit Rate 10 mg/ampere minute
- Recommended time 20 to 30 seconds or until the surface shows a faint yellow tint.
Maintain pH using reagent grade hydrochloric acid
Platinized titanium or platinum clad niobium
Read and understand SDS sheets before using. For professional use by trained technicians only