Universal Plater KitGeneral Plating Kit
Universal Plater Kit gives you the equipment you need to quickly setup and plate these projects without the bother of constantly changing tips, handles or solution beakers.
Gold plating is a fun satisfying process that can be incorporated into many different types of businesses or personal projects.
The Universal Plater Kit comes with complete instructions and everything needed for gold plating onto most conductive metal surfaces. With the Universal Plater gold plating is easy to learn; the kit includes a step-by-step tutorial that guarantees your first plating experience will be fun and successful. If you ever have questions about other types of work we provide unlimited free technical support.
*This kit is not capable of stripping chrome. Please refer to our Universal Plater - Chrome Edition if you need to strip chrome prior to plating. Chrome Stripping Solution will not work with this version.
Universal Plater Options
Option 1 - Standard Universal kit - All included items are listed below.
Option 2 - Includes all items in standard kit plus - (1) 8 oz Wood's Nickel Strike to plate onto stainless steel.
The standard Universal Plater kit Includes:
- (1) Universal Plater Machine - This kit will NOT plate onto chrome surfaces
- (1) 12 volt, 6 ampere power supply
- (3) Color coded Combination Application Handles, complete with Stainless Steel 1/8" to 1/4" Conversion Bits (Anodes) and Common Lead Wire with with Alligator Clip.
- (1) 1/8" Stainless Steel Bit
- (1) 1/8" to 1/4" Nickel Conversion Bit (Anode for the Wood's Nickel Strike)
- (9) 1/4" Application Sleeves - 3 already on handles ready to plate.
- (3) 1/8" Applications Sleeves
- (3) Ultra fine Pen Plating Tips
- (3) Medium Pen Plating Tips
- (1) Additional 4 oz Select Working Solution Beaker
- Safety Goggles/Gloves
Chemicals included in the Universal Plater Kit:
- (1) 1 oz bottle 24K High Concentration Pen Plating Gold Solution.
- (1) 4 oz bottle 24K Brush Plating Gold Solution
- (1) 8 oz bottle Bright Nickel plating solution
- (1) 8 oz bottle Electro-Cleaner Solution
- (1) 8 oz bottle Surface Activator Solution
Option 2 Includes all items above as well as:
- (1) 8 oz bottle Wood's Nickel Strike - Only with Option 2 (Needed for plating onto stainless steel surfaces.)
Setup Instructions can be found HERE
Check out our Plating Procedure Chart for details about our products and how to use them.
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) can be Found HERE
California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
Plating onto Stainless Steel - Option 2 Setup
Plating onto Nickel - Option 1 Setup
Gold Plating a Stainless Steel Knife - Option 2 Setup
Gold Plating onto Guns - Option 2 Setup
Please watch this video to learn how to prep your sleeves:
Using the Universal to Gold Plate a Katana
- customer service
I have never electroplated in my life, your guide to properly cleaning and wetting is stellar. There is no way I would have been able to learn to electroplate without it.
Good Quality Setup
Haven't used it yet, but the quality of the equipment is very good, not junky or garage made kits like others. Just waiting on more solutions I had to order after the fact. Product is good, customer service is leaving something to be desired. I think they know what their doing, but brush you off with canned emails and links. Time will tell. But as for equipment and setup, 5 stars all day.
Universal plater kit
Loved it and will continue to keep buying more !
Got this kit to plate all the accent parts on a 1911 worked out beautifully 1st try ... (even skipped the practice piece and went straight to the project) as long as you get the prep work done right and follow the instrustions i dont see how you could mess up
The service over the phone was very good, very helpful. I received everything in very good condition. Everything is working very well as advertised. And am looking forward to continue using your products. Just hope i can get a discount next time. Hahahha. God bless you.