Electro-Cleaner Solution - Bath or BrushPre-Treatment Solutions
Electro-Cleaner Solution is an alkaline based solution used to electrochemically pre-treat platable surfaces prior to plating. Commonly described as “wetting-out” the surface to allow access to the activation chemicals, electro-cleaning helps to ensure adhesion of gold plating.
“Wet-out” is achieved when water does not bead up on the surface but rather the entire surface becomes equally wet with no water beading or breaks. See the video below for more information on "Wetting-out".
What you will need to use this solution properly:
Our Electro-Cleaner Solution requires the proper equipment and supplies to be used. We recommend electroplating equipment such as our Jewel Master, Gold Star, Universal Plater, or the ProLabcm which will have everything you need to perform this important pre-treatment step.
NOTE: Electro-Cleaning should not be the first or only cleaning of the item to be plated. Before electro-cleaning, all required pre-finishing steps and required polishing should be completed. The item should then be washed in soap and water, if needed, to remove all traces of polishing compound, corrosion, dirt, oils, (including fingerprints), or any other material that could inhibit the effect of the electro-cleaning process.
Minimum Required Items:
- Proper safety equipment to prevent user exposure to the solution.
- A source of direct current voltage with a controllable voltage range of six to twelve volts, (6 VDC - 12 VDC).
- A suitable container to hold the solution, or for brush application a high capacity electrode sleeve.
- An electrode made of stainless steel to apply a positive electrical charge to the solution.
- A common lead or ground wire that will provide electrical connectivity from the negative (-) terminal of the power source and the item being cleaned.
*International customers ordering a gallon. Your order will be shipped in (4) 1 liter bottles.
Check out our Plating Procedure Chart for details about our products and how to use them.
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) can be found HERE
Technical Data Sheets (TDS) can be found HERE
California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- gold solution
- electro cleaner
- import department
Love it, just like the rest of the equipment
Great service and great products
Excellent I'm thinking of buying the rose gold solution as well