5 Module System for Plating Nickel and Gold onto Steel and other metals using TriVal Gold StrikeGold Plating Services
This ProLab cm Five Module System for steel and stainless steel was designed for applications that may or may not require a nickel underplate followed by gold plating onto a steel or stainless steel item. A popular example of this application is decorative gold plating onto surgical equipment such as hemostats, clamps or scissors. Another common application is nickel and gold plating onto all types of guns & firearms. This setup includes our Copper Strike Solution that is strongly recommended as the third step on carbon or mild steel surfaces to improve adhesion, prevent the surface from oxidizing, and building a thin copper layer for adhesion and visual verification of proper activation prior to being nickel or gold plated.
Steel and especially stainless steel require special activation of the surface to be plated. TriVal Gold Strike is a proprietary method of providing this activation developed by Gold Plating Services. The cost of activating steel and stainless steel with TriVal is a little higher but there are many advantages to gold strike activation. One important advantage is that after activation a visual inspection of the surface will confirm that the surface was activated properly. Another advantage of activation with TriVal is that some plating specifications do not allow the use of any nickel in the plating process. An example of this is jewelry items to be marketed to the European Union. No nickel is allowed in the process. However, when nickel is used the Bright Nickel Plate following the activation provides a smooth, hard, beautiful surface for the gold plating to follow.
The beauty of the ProLab cm systems is that should your process requirements change, a Five Module system can easily be expanded to a Six Module system with the addition of another process module such as the Bright Copper Module or even a Seven Module system with the addition of yet another process module such as a Rhodium or Palladium Module. The expansion of the ProLab cm is easy without requiring any changes to your original system.
This system comes with everything you need to plate nickel and or gold onto properly prepared steel or stainless steel.
- (5) Power Towers with accessory components
- (1) Non-Heated 5000 mL Glass Beaker with Titanium Anode Frame for the Trival
- (4) Heated 5000 mL glass beakers with titanium anode frames for the Electro cleaner, Bright Nickel, & Bright Gold
- (5) 2000 mL rinse beakers
- (4) ProLab stainless steel anode inserts (Electro Clean)
- (2) 8" 101 copper anode inserts (Copper Strike)
- (2) 8" ProLab graphite anode inserts (TriVal)
- (2) 8" ProLab bagged nickel anodes inserts (Bright Nickel Strike)
- (2) 6" ProLab bagged graphite anode inserts (Bright Gold)
- (1) 30 v/20 or 30 amp power supply (For use with the Electrocleaner, TriVal, and Copper Strike)
- (1) 30 v/10 amp power supply (For use with the Gold and Bright Nickel)
- (1) Air pump and tubing for the Bright Nickel and Bright Gold
- (1) Sample plating rack
- (5) Beaker caps
- (1) Safety Kit (goggles/gloves)
- (1) Common Lead Wire
- (1) Gallon + 1000 ml of Electro Clean Solution
- (5) Liters of TriVal Acid Gold Strike
- (5) Liters of Copper Strike Solution
- (1) Gallon + 1000 ml of Bright Nickel
- (1) Gallon + 1000 ml of 24K Bright Gold
*TABLE IN PHOTO IS NOT INCLUDED
PLEASE NOTE: $2000 Insurance added to each box is included in the sale and shipping price.
TriVal Solution must be shipped UPS GROUND
Setup Instructions can be found HERE
ATTENTIONS INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Our website will charge you a base rate for international shipping and handling. Due to the high value of this product it will be shipped via DHL to ensure a quick and successful delivery. Customers will be responsible for any duties and taxes required by their country. If the shipping cost is significantly more we may need to reach out for additional payment before the items can be shipped. If the shipping cost is significantly less you may receive a refund for the difference. Please keep in mind our ProLab CM setups are shipped in multiple boxes.
TriVal will not be shipped as a ready to use solution. Instead, you will receive TriVal Base Solution. This will require the addition of reagent grade hydrochloric acid (not included with purchase) to make a ready to use TriVal Solution. Instructions for combining the TriVal Base with the Hydrochloric Acid, along with the SDS sheets (Safety Data Sheets) will be included with your package.
Warranty - Click Here