5 Module System for Plating Nickel and Gold onto Steel and Stainless Steel using Wood's Nickel StrikeGold Plating Services
The ProLab cm Five Module System for steel and stainless steel was designed for applications requiring a nickel underplate followed by gold plating onto a steel or stainless steel item. A popular example of this application is decorative gold plating onto all types of guns & firearms. Steel and especially stainless steel require special activation of the surface to be plated. Wood's Nickel Strike is the most cost-effective and industry-accepted method of providing this activation. This setup includes our Copper Strike Solution that is strongly recommended as the third step on carbon or mild steel surfaces to improve adhesion, prevent the surface from oxidizing, and building a thin copper layer for adhesion and visual verification of proper activation prior to being nickel or gold plated.The Bright Nickel Plate following the copper strike provides a smooth, hard, beautiful surface for the gold plating to follow.
The beauty of the ProLab cm systems is that should your process requirements change, a Five Module system can easily be expanded to a Six Module system with the addition of another process module such as the Surface activator Module (to plate onto other metals) or even a Seven Module system with the addition of yet another process module such as a Rhodium or Palladium Module. The expansion of the ProLab cm is easy without requiring any changes to your original system.
This system comes with everything you need to plate onto steel or stainless steel.
- (5) Power Towers with accessory components
- (1) Non-Heated 5000 mL glass beaker with titanium anode frame for the Wood's Nickel Strike
- (4) Heated 5000 mL Glass Beakers with Titanium Anode Frames for the Electro cleaner, Copper Strike, Bright Nickel, & Bright Gold
- (5) 2000 mL rinse beakers
- (4) ProLab Stainless Steel Anodes (Electro Clean)
- (2) 8" ProLab bagged nickel anode inserts (Wood's Nickel Strike)
- (2) 8" ProLab copper anode inserts (Copper Strike)
- (2) 8" ProLab bagged nickel anodes inserts (Bright Nickel Strike)
- (2) 6" ProLab bagged graphite anode inserts (Bright Gold)
- (1) 30 v/20 amp power supply
- (1) 30 v/10 amp power supply (For use with the Gold and Bright Nickel)
- (1) Air pump and tubing for the Bright Nickel and Bright Gold
- (1) Sample plating rack
- (5) Beaker caps
- (1) Safety Kit (goggles/gloves)
- (1) Gallon + 1000 mL of Electro Clean Solution
- (1) Gallon + 1000 mL of Woods Nickel Strike
- (5) 1000 mL of Copper Strike
- (1) Gallon + 1000 mL of Bright Nickel
- (1) Gallon + 1000 mL of 24K Bright Gold
*TABLE IN PHOTO IS NOT INCLUDED
PLEASE NOTE: $2000 Insurance added to each box is included in the sale and shipping price.
Setup Instructions can be found HERE
Warranty - Click Here
ATTENTIONS INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Our website will charge you a base rate for international shipping and handling. Due to the high value of this product it will be shipped via DHL to ensure a quick and successful delivery. Customers will be responsible for any duties and taxes required by their country. If the shipping cost is significantly more we may need to reach out for additional payment before the items can be shipped. If the shipping cost is significantly less you may receive a refund for the difference. Please keep in mind our ProLab CM setups are shipped in multiple boxes
Are you plating onto other metals too?
You may want to consider adding our Surface Activator Module so you can plate onto non steel surfaces.