Electro-Cleaner Solution - Bath or Brush
An alkaline based solution used to electrochemically clean platable surfaces prior to plating. Often used to 'wet-out' the surface to ensure adhesion of gold plating.
'Wet-out' is achieved when water does not bead up on the surface but rather the entire surface becomes equally wet with no water beading or breaks.
What you will need to use this solution properly:
Our Electro-Clean Solution requires the proper equipment and supplies to be used. We recommend electroplating equipment such as our "Jewel Master", "Gold Star" or "Universal Plater" which will have everything you need including the following minimum required items.
Minimum Required Items:
- Proper safety equipment to prevent user exposure to the solution.
- A source of direct current voltage with a controllable voltage range of six to twelve volts, (6 VDC - 12 VDC).
- A suitable container to hold the solution, or, for brush application a high capacity electrode sleeve.
- A suitable electrode made of stainless steel to apply a positive electrical charge to the solution, (forward polarity).
- A common lead or ground wire that will provide electrical connectivity from the positive, (+) terminal of the power source and the item being stripped.
Safety Data Sheet for this product.
Technical Data Sheet for this product.